Welcome to the Performing Arts Department of the Priory School. We offer a wide range of training in all aspects of the Performing Arts including Acting, Improvisation, Directing, Playwriting, Shakespeare, Stage Tech and Design, Stage Combat, Musical Theater, Choir, Wind Symphony, Jazz Ensemble, String Ensemble, Handbell Choir, as well as Guitar, Percussion, Music Theory, Composition, Music History, and more.
The Performing Arts are an integral part of life at Priory. At any given moment of the year, in both middle and high school, at least one-quarter of our student body is enrolled in a performing arts class, preparing to perform or run a production, or participating in an arts related club.
In Priory Performing Arts, all students are welcome to find and explore whatever art form may be their passion and hopefully try and discover new ones. We offer a professional, supportive and trusting environment where students are given skills to unlock their talents and encouraged to stretch themselves.
In the Fall of 2007 we opened our new Performing Arts Center consisting of:
- The Rothrock Performance Hall, a 400 seat proscenium theater with a large stage and state of the art lighting, sound and audience seating.
- The Verhalen Family "Black Box" theater classroom for classes and rehearsal space with full theatrical light and sound system.
- The Marquart Family Set Shop, which allows us to construct sets on a grand scale.
- The Barbara Crouse Choir Classroom and new Orchestra Classroom which are rehearsal rooms for our large Choirs and Orchestras, The Tamara and Dan Turner Family Midi Lab and Workroom which consists of eight computer stations with keyboards and composing software for music composition and analysis.
- A complete stock of school owned instruments, instrument storage, two practice rooms with pianos, and recording equipment for instant playback and critique of rehearsals.
These facilities have allowed us to take already strong and growing programs and expand them even more. Our students are receiving training and producing productions and concerts at a collegiate or professional level and now they are putting that work up in world class facilities.