Woodside Priory School's Residential Life Program assists boarding students in living lives rich in wellbeing. Our Residential Faculty work with boarding students to co-create a safe collective space, committed to using restorative practices to foster and deepen connections between community members. The people, processes, and policies associated with the Residential Life Program endeavor to help each boarding student flourish physically, psychologically, academically, and communally.
Our Residential Life Program complements and deepens a boarding students' Priory experience through our boarding curriculum and by modeling the behavior we seek to develop in our students. We seek to develop our boarding students in the following ways:
- Create positive, promotive, inclusive communities.
- Define and measure wellbeing through actionable goals.
- Model wellbeing as both an individual and a collective phenomenon.
- Understand that exercise, a healthy diet, and sleep are essential to wellbeing.
- Appreciating and knowing one's character strengths lead to a positive outlook and strong performance.
- Developing resilience by seeking out challenges and embracing one's anti-fragility.