List of 4 frequently asked questions.

Living at the Priory

List of 7 frequently asked questions.

  • Q. Who is my roommate and how do I contact him/her?

    You will be notified of your roommate in mid-July. When pairing up new students, we consider Roommate Preference Forms that you completed online as well as your grade and home country. Students who need their roommate’s email address can contact Mrs. Taffe to request that information.
  • Q. How is my room furnished?

    All of the rooms are equipped with two twin size beds, two desks and desk chairs, two wardrobes, and one bookshelf. Each room has a small safe for valuables as well as a power strip (with extra power outlets) for each student. The beds may be bunked or separated, depending on the space the roommates desire. Note that the beds are normal twin-size beds, not “extra-long” or “California twin.”
  • Q. What type of medical insurance do I need for my child?

    All students must have medical insurance to attend school. Students will need to bring their medical insurance card with them (or at least a copy of the front and back) if they already have insurance. If you are a citizen of a foreign country, you may get medical insurance through the plan the school has arranged.
  • Q. What are mandatory community weekends?

    Mandatory community weekends are opportunities for the entire boarding community to come together and get to know each other better. All boarding students are required to attend. There will be four of them spaced out throughout the year. Some of them span two days while others are only one day. The first community weekend will take place in September and will be one day. In the past, activities have included whitewater rafting, surfing lessons, ropes courses, community service days, and the always popular Dorm Olympics.
  • Q. How do I make sure that my computer will be able to access the Internet and connect to the central laser printers in the dorms?

    All student computers must be registered with the Woodside Priory School Technology Department after you arrive in order to be on the network. Both PC’s and Macs are supported. At the time of registration, computers will be checked for current and year-long registration of antivirus software (such as Norton, Symantec or McAfee antivirus programs) and up-to-date system patches. Computer check-in for residential students will be during the first weeks that they are on campus. Students are provided with Priory Panther e-Mail accounts. They are expected to check it often for messages from faculty.
  • Q. How can I give my child spending money throughout the school year?

    You can set up an allowance account with our business office when you arrive in August. Every Friday, students can get whatever weekly amount you decide upon, up to a maximum of $40 per week. Students may also open a bank account at Chase Bank, which is very close to Priory. They will get a debit card with this account and can withdraw money at an ATM.
  • Q. How is the school account used?

    There are a number of occasions when students have their school account billed. In addition to purchasing school supplies, events such as Field Day, Spirit Day, and school dances are charged to the account, as well as school pictures, field trip expenses, and retreats. In some cases, the dorms may be reimbursed from this account if they have paid for something for the student. Note that this is different from the allowance account described above.

Classes and Sports

List of 3 frequently asked questions.

  • Q. When do I receive my class schedule?

    You will receive your class schedule in late July. For 10th and 11th grade transfer students, your schedules may be incomplete. There will be plenty of time to meet with Mr. Schlaak, Dean of Academics, when you arrive to arrange an appropriate class schedule.
  • Q. How do I order books?

    You will first need to know what classes you are taking. If your course selection is still pending, don’t worry – you can order books after you arrive and your teachers will be accommodating. If you do know your courses, go online to after July 1st. Follow the links to Woodside Priory School and then to your particular classes. You may order the books from this site, or you can record the information (Author, Title, ISBN#) and search for a used version of the book on another site. You may have your books shipped to the Priory, and we will get them to the dorms. If you have any questions about the ordering process, please contact Kelly Sargent at
  • Q. Do I need to do anything during the summer if I plan to play a sport?

    You will need to have a doctor complete the Pre-participation Physical Examination Form and bring it with you in August. If you are a 10th or 11thgrade transfer, you will also need to complete the CCS Form 207 for eligibility, which requires signatures from officials of your current school. Both these forms can be downloaded from the Priory website at There are two additional forms that you will receive in July that you can fill out online.

For International Students

List of 2 frequently asked questions.

  • Q. What is the role of the guardian?

    For our students whose parents are not local, a local guardian is required. Guardians are often relatives or family friends. In Magnus Health you will find a “Declaration of Guardianship” Form that outlines the responsibilities of a guardian. It needs to be signed by both the parent and the guardian so we suggest starting this form early.
  • Q. What do I need to do make sure that my immigration papers are in order?

    Returning international students should have their paperwork already in order. All new students need to contact our Director of Admissions & Financial Aid, Matt Lai ( or 650-851-6158), to request an I-20 form. Also, you must obtain your F-1 visa in your home country.

Woodside Priory School