The mission of the social-emotional & learning support department is to support and encourage healthy individual, social, and academic development and resilience in our students. Our approach is systemic and collaborative in nature, drawing first upon the student’s own personal resources, as well as the support of parents, faculty, and other professionals as appropriate.
Priory social-emotional & learning support services address three main areas of need: academic counseling, social/emotional counseling, and college counseling. We are also responsible for supporting our students with learning differences and ensuring appropriate accommodations are in place for each.
There are five full-time counselors and one administrative assistant in our department.
- Sandra Kelly, Director of Social-Emotional & Learning Support, in addition to leading the department, supports our students with learning differences and provides academic and social/emotional counseling as well.
- Rolando Crisostomos, Director of College Counseling, and Elise Maar, Associate Director of College counseling, advise our students on course selection and throughout the college application process.
- Amy Harms, Director of Learning Support.
- Kathy Gonzalez, Academic Resource Counselor, supports our students where academic performance is concerned, both individually and through structured study halls.
- Yen Hui, School Social-Emotional Counselor, primarily supports students in social/emotional areas, as well as providing academic counseling.
- Erin Serrano, College Counseling Administrative Assistant, supports the logistical demands of the college counseling function, as well as serving as a testing coordinator.
Appointments with any of our staff are welcomed. Please consider reaching out to us via phone, email, or by dropping into the Academic Resource Center on the first floor of the Student Center.