Current student process for receiving formalized accommodations:
The Office of Learning Support provides formal accommodation and learning plan services to students who submit documentation indicating a learning difference, ADHD or psychiatric diagnosis which functionally impacts the ability to learn. The Director of Learning Support reviews and processes documentation received during the school year within 2 weeks of receipt.
Appropriate documentation may include: psycho-educational report, neuropsychological report, medical report, psychiatric report. All documentation must be drafted and signed by a licensed clinician who has worked with and/or is treating the student.
After supporting documentation is submitted to the Director of Learning Support for review, the OLS Director will:
- Contact the student and guardians for initial Learning Support and Learning Plan review meeting
- Create individualized student learning plan to be reviewed at initial meeting **Not all accommodations which are recommended in supporting documentation may be included in the student learning plan**
- Explain the support available through Learning Support
- Arrange and facilitate meetings to discuss student’s educational plan, as necessary
- Coordinate reasonable accommodations such as extended time on exams at Priory
- When appropriate, initiate and support the process of applying for accommodations on high-stakes testing; College Board (SAT) and ACT