The mission of the guidance and counseling department is to support and encourage healthy individual, social, and academic development and resilience in our students. Our approach is systemic and collaborative in nature, drawing first upon the student’s own personal resources, as well as the support of parents, faculty, and other professionals as appropriate.
Priory guidance and counseling services address three main areas of need: academic counseling, social/emotional counseling, and college counseling. We are also responsible for supporting our students with learning differences and ensuring appropriate accommodations are in place for each.
There are five full-time counselors and one administrative assistant in our department.
- Michael Simon, Director of Guidance and Counseling, in addition to leading the department, supports our students with learning differences and provides academic and social/emotional counseling as well.
- Rolando Crisostomos, Director of College Counseling, and Elise Maar, Associate Director of College counseling, advise our students on course selection and throughout the college application process.
- Kathy Gonzalez, Academic Resource Counselor, supports our students where academic performance is concerned, both individually and through structured study halls.
- Sandra Kelly, School Counselor, primarily supports students in social/emotional areas, as well as providing academic counseling.
- Erin Serrano, College Counseling Administrative Assistant, supports the logistical demands of the college counseling function, as well as serving as a testing coordinator.
Appointments with any of our staff are welcomed. Please consider reaching out to us via phone, email, or by dropping into the Academic Resource Center on the first floor of the Student Center.