Section 'Sub' Navigation:
- Meet the Admissions Staff
- Admissions Process
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Open House
- College & University Choices
- Request Information
- Priory Admissions Viewbook
- International Applicants
- School Profile
- Priory on the Road
- Apply Online
Recent international applicants have applied from the following countries:
Woodside Priory School has a long history of international students. As a school founded by Hungarian immigrants in the 1950’s, we have always recognized the importance of having an international, multicultural community here on our campus. The San Francisco Bay Area of California is an incredibly diverse area with ties to almost every country in the world, and we feel it is important that our student body reflects this global community. Our international diversity is one of the many things that make the Priory community truly unique.
If you look to the right, you will see some of the home countries of our applicants in recent years.
International students are eligible to apply as boarding students in the high school, grades nine through eleven. We do not accept twelfth grade or post-graduate applications, nor do we arrange homestay programs for international students wishing to apply as day students. About twenty percent of our high school students board; approximately two-thirds of them are international and one-third American, so you will be living alongside American students as well as other students from all over the world. To learn more about our boarding program, click here: www.prioryca.org/boarding.
Families interested in making an appointment for a personal campus tour can do so by contacting the Admissions Office at least two weeks prior to the visit. After December first personal campus tours are avaialble only to students who have placed an application.
Woodside Priory School is authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to issue I-20 documentation. The I-20 is issued following acceptance by the Priory and payment of the Enrollment Deposit.
Learn more about the Priory
Our website has a wealth of information about the Priory. The Admissions Viewbook is available on-line, click here to take a look.
The Application Process
The application process for international students is as follows:Applying
- Complete the Standard Application Online (“SAO”) through the SSAT website (www.SSAT.org) and submit it online. All boarding applicants are strongly encouraged to use the SAO. The application deadline is January 16, 2014.
- Download the Teacher Recommendation and Academic Record/Transcript forms from the SAO and distribute them to your school officials for completion.
- TOEFL - If English is not your native language, applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (“TOEFL”) and have the official score report sent to Priory. The Priory’s testing code is 2055. Successful applicants must score a minimum of 80 on the internet based TOEFL (iBT). The TOEFL may be taken after the application deadline, but we must receive the score report by February 1st. You may find information about registering for the TOEFL at their website – www.ets.org/toefl. Please note that we do not accept the SLEP in place of the TOEFL.
- SSAT - Take the SSAT and have the official score report sent to Priory. The Priory’s testing code is 8296. The SSAT may be taken after the application deadline, but we must receive the score report by February 1st. Successful applicants generally score on average around 2000 or above. You may find info about the SSAT at their website - http://www.SSAT.org
- If your TOEFL score is 80 (iBT) or higher, you will be selected and contacted for an interview in mid-February, 2014. These interviews are done with Priory teachers online by video chat (usually Skype) unless you are able to visit our campus in February, in which case it will be done in person. From December first through March personal school tours will only be scheduled for students with applications on file.
- The Priory admission decision letters will be sent to you by email on March 6, 2014. Accepted appliants will have until April 4th to decide whether to enroll. During that time our Admissions Office can answer any of your questions. Students who are placed on the Waiting List will be notified as openings occur throughout the spring and summer months.
- The I20 documentation needed for students seeking an F1 Student Visa will be sent by the Admissions Office upon completion of the Enrollment Agreement and payment of the Enrollment Deposit.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR IS JANUARY 16, 2014. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE CONSIDERED ON A WAITING LIST BASIS.
The following are some links that may be useful to you as you learn more about the Priory and our application process.
- SAO - the website for the Standard Application Online
- Boarding School Review, AdmissionsQuest, and TABS - online directories of boarding schools throughout the United States
- TOEFL - the website for the TOEFL
- SSAT - the website for the SSAT
- Priory College & University Choices - a list of where our graduates go to school after Priory