Section 'Sub' Navigation:
- Meet the Admissions Staff
- Admissions Process
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Open House
- College & University Choices
- Request Information
- International Applicants
- School Profile
- Priory on the Road
- Apply Online
- 2014-15 Admissions Viewbook
Recent international applicants have applied from the following countries:
Woodside Priory School has a long history of international students. As a school founded by Hungarian immigrants in the 1950’s, we have always recognized the importance of having an international, multicultural community on our campus. The San Francisco Bay Area of California is an incredibly diverse area with ties to almost every country in the world, and we feel it is important that our student body reflects this global community. Our international diversity is one of the many things that make the Priory community truly unique.
As an international student, you will eligible to apply as a boarding student in the Upper School, grades nine through eleven. We do not accept twelfth grade or post-graduate applications, nor do we arrange homestay programs for international students wishing to apply as day students.
About twenty percent of our Upper School students board; approximately two-thirds of them are international and one-third American, so you will be living alongside American students as well as students from all over the world. To learn more about our boarding program, click here: www.prioryca.org/boarding.
Families interested in making an appointment for a personal campus tour can do so by contacting the Admissions Office at least two weeks prior to the visit. After January 4, 2016 through March 15, 2016, Campus Tours are not available.
Applicants applying for boarding status should be age appropriate for the grade they wlll be entering at the beginning of the school year.
Woodside Priory School is authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to issue I-20 documentation. The I-20 is issued following acceptance by the Priory and payment of the Enrollment Deposit.
Learn more about the Priory
Our website has a wealth of information about the Priory. The Admissions Viewbook is available on-line, click here to take a look.
If you’d like to meet with a member of our Admissions team, you may contact us directly by emailing the Admissions Office. Please include the specific question and a member of the Admissions Team will contact you directly.
The Application Process
Request Information (Inquiry)
- The first step for your Priory application is to complete the online inquiry form. This must be completed before scheduling a campus visit.
The application process for an international student is as follows:(NOTE: Applicants from the People's Republic of China must contact Vericant, the Priory's affiliate in China, for a preliminary interview. Vericant assists the Priory in determining proficiency in oral and written English. Following the interview with Vericant, the interview will be sent to the Priory. Selected applicants from those who have completed the Vericant interview will then be invited for a formal interview with a Priory teacher or administrator either on campus or by Skype. Interviews with Vericant must be completed between September 1, 2015 and December 18, 2015. After December 18, 2015, Vericant interviews will not be scheduled.
With exception of the interview, Chinese applicants follow the application process for International Applicants.
Due to the volume of applicants from the Peoples Republic of China, the Priory is unable to schedule SKYPE interviews, or campus visits and tours from January 4 through March 15, 2016. Applicants, who have completed the Standard Application Online (SAO), provided the official score report for TOEFL/SSAT and have completed the required interview through VERICANT, may be selected for a SKYPE interview in February. If you have been selected for a SKYPE interview the Priory Admissions Office will contact you.
- Complete the Standard Application Online (“SAO”) through the SSAT website (www.SSAT.org) and submit it online. All internationalboarding
applicants must use the SAO. The application deadline is January 14, 2016. The application fee is $95 and is paid when the application is submitted.
- Download the The Teacher Recommendations and Academic Record/Transcript forms as part of the SAO and distribute them to your school officials for completion.
- The Priory Supplemental Application form must be completed on line and submitted with the SAO by the application deadline, January 14, 2016.
- TOEFL - If English is not your native language, applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (“TOEFL”) and have the official score report sent to Priory. The Priory’s testing code is 2055. Successful applicants generally score a minimum of 95 on the internet based TOEFL (iBT). The TOEFL may be taken after the application deadline, but we must receive the score report by February 5, 2016. You may find information about registering for the TOEFL at their website – www.ets.org/toefl. Please note that the Priory does not accept the SLEP or the Junior TOEFL in place of the TOEFL.
- SSAT - Take the SSAT and have the official score report sent to Priory. The Priory’s testing code is 8296. The SSAT may be taken after the application deadline, but we must receive the score report by February 5, 2016. Successful applicants generally score on average around 2000 or above. You may find information about the SSAT at their website - http://www.SSAT.org.
- The SSAT is a requirement for all applicants to the Boarding program.
- The TOEFL is a requirement for all applicants whose first language is not English.
- If your TOEFL score is 95 (iBT) or higher, you may be selected and contacted for an interview in February, 2016. These interviews are done with Priory teachers online by video chat (usually Skype) unless you are able to visit our campus in February, in which case it will be done in person.
- Campus Tours are not available between Janaury 5th through March 15th.
- The Priory admission decisions will be sent to you by email on March 10, 2016. Accepted applicants will have until April 10th to decide whether to enroll. During that time our Admissions Office can answer any of your questions. Students who are placed on the Waiting List may be chosen for admission throughout the spring and summer months.
- The I20 documentation needed for international students seeking an F1 Student Visa will be sent by the Admissions Office upon completion of the Enrollment Agreement and payment of the Enrollment Deposit.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR IS JANUARY 14, 2016. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE CONSIDERED ON A WAITING LIST BASIS.Mentorship Program for new students
- Following enrollment, the Priory highly recommends that incoming international students go through a virtual 1-on-1 mentorship program conducted by our Boston-based partner, Shearwater International. We believe that their unique program will help students effectively prepare for U.S. boarding schools as well as enhance their experience in the classroom, in the dorm, and in co-curricular activities. The program is well constructed to offer students the opportunity to build strong communication skills and cross-cultural awareness, and complements the work that we will do with your child as school begins in August.To learn more about Shearwater and their school programs, please visit: http://www.shearwaterintl.com/schools.html
The following are some links that may be useful to you as you learn more about the Priory and our application process.
- SAO - the website for the Standard Application Online
- Boarding School Review, AdmissionsQuest, and TABS - online directories of boarding schools throughout the United States
- TOEFL - the website for the TOEFL
- SSAT - the website for the SSAT
- Priory College & University Choices - a list of where our graduates go to school after Priory